Who we are
The Asian Aquaculture Network (AAN) is a professional network and platform for the communication sharing of knowledge and practical technical information about aquaculture. Our primary focus is promoting sustainable development and profitable practices of aquaculture in all of Asia.
AAN is a professional network and platform for the prosumption of knowledge and practical technical information about aquaculture.
President & Founder Dr. Farshad Shishehchian, Ph.D. Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecology
Vice President Amornrat Boonchuay, MBA, B.Sc. in Pharmacy
We seek to inspire new generations through the sharing of knowledge, education initiatives & practical resources for the ecological sustainability of aquaculture in order to feed the world.
- Provide updated information and emerging news about aquaculture among the members and aquaculturists within the diverse aquaculture community through quarterly magazines and emails.
- Conduct aquaculture trainings and practical workshops by the team of industry experts with experiences on all subjects and techniques related to aquaculture for its member and other interested parties.
- Hold annual conferences and seminars on various subjects related to practical aquaculture operations and techniques.
- Communicate and affiliate with research institutions and universities to collaborate on practical research, educational and technological development, information exchange and student exchange program.
- Assist its members in advocacy to national governments.
- Provide latest pioneering and new technological knowledge and other discovery information to its members.
- Provide aquaculture supplier directory to the members annually.